Shoko Press will once again be out and about, this time showcasing our books at Africa Utopia, on London’s Southbank. Africa Utopia is an annual festival that celebrates the contemporary arts and culture of the African continent. Africa Utopia is championed by Senegalese singer and human rights advocate Baaba Maal, and taking place over Saturday, 15th & Sunday 16th July, the programme this year features a range of talks, workshops, music, performances, fashion and food.
Highlights of the event include:
– Chineke! Orchestra, Europe’s first professional majority Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) orchestra.
– Presidents of Laughrica, a comedy show hosted by Daliso Chaponda, who was a finalist in Britain’s Got Talent.
– The People’s Catwalk, where participant’s are invited to pre-register to get a chance to strut their stuff in African-inspired street style.
– Pram Jam, a morning of music and dancing for little ones to enjoy.
– The Africa Utopia Marketplace where you can shop for accessories, fashion, books, art, homeware and more.
– The African Food & Drink Takeover presented by Pop Up Africa, which features 13 stalls of cuisine
Over 50% of the events taking place are free to attend, however some may require advance booking to reserve your spot. You can also get a Weekend Pass that gives you access to talks, debates and workshops for the entire Africa Utopia weekend. For the full list of events taking place over the weekend visit: www.southbankcentre.co.uk
– The Editorial Team
[Image credit: The image attached belongs to Africa Utopia. If downloaded and used elsewhere please credit accordingly.]