A book is always a welcome companion for journey’s long or short. For us here, at Shoko Press we always have a book or two about our person. If carrying a book with you on your travels is not enough how about checking into a literary themed boutique hotel. From traditional to ultra-modern to quirky we uncover a selection of the best hotels for book lovers that offer libraries or book themed rooms and features in stylish surroundings to tempt the most dedicated of book lovers.
1. Carlisle Bay Antigua on St. John’s island
The Carlisle Bay Antigua on St. John’s Island is home to an ultra-modern library decorated will white walls, lucite tables and stylish seating. Come evening atmospheric fiber-optic lighting that changes colour lights up the space.
– image courtesy: http://www.ultimatelibrary.co.uk/portfolio-item/carlisle-bay/
2. The Library Hotel, New York, NY
A book lover’s dream, The Library Hotel in New York is dedicated to the love of books, and houses a collection of over 6,000 books. Books and art exploring distinctive topics adorn the hotel’s individual rooms.
– image courtesy: http://www.libraryhotel.com
3. La Mamounia, Marrakech, Morocco
La Mamounia is a luxurious resort situated close to the Marrakech’s Medina, with a history dating back over 100 years. Throughout its history the hotel has welcomed writers, thinkers, and world leaders including Winston Churchill. La Mamounia has a well-stocked library, launched a literary prize in 2009 to help promote Moroccan scholarship and literature across the French-speaking world.
– image courtesy: http://www.lhw.com/hotel/La-Mamounia-Marrakech-Morocco
4. The Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad, India
Built in a restored 19th-century palace, The Taj Falaknuma Palace is an opulent five-star hotel located above the city of Hyderabad. The hotel library fuses Italian and Tudor architecture and houses a collection of rare books.
– image courtesy: http://www.architecturaldigest.com/gallery/book-lovers-hotel-libraries
5. The Lib At The Library Koh Samui, Suratthani, Thailand
The Library is situated on the popular island of Koh Samui. The Lib, the onsite library is a minimalist room looking out over the sea. Guests can browse a selection of books, DVDs and CDs in a wide range of genres.
– image courtesy: http://www.thelibrary.co.th/the-lib.html
6. Le Prince Maurice, Mauritius
Le Prince Maurice on the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius offer access to some of the world’s best beaches. If you can tear yourself away the reading room offers a range of books in-keeping with the idyllic setting.
– image courtesy: http://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows/best-hotels-book-lovers/6
– Tapiwa Matsinde